Author Topic: e-Pay Q&A  (Read 1494 times)

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: e-Pay Q&A
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »
The simple "Shopping Cart" links do not provide for capturing text input from a buyer.  The worst case is boat licensing, where we have 2 separate and distinctly different processes for Registration (Google Forms) and Payment (PayPal buttons/cart).  That said, when you pay, your name, address, and e-mail address are captured.  From that we can almost always associate your payment with your property.  If not, we will send an e-mail, or look you up and try to call, or send you a letter.  We have yet to find a case where we couldn't track a payee down by e-mail, though...

We looked for (and have found) higher-tech Shopping Cart software that will allow us to capture data from a buyer, and thus combine the 2 process into a single easy process.  Additionally, at least one local bank is offering us to try their new e-Pay service which will capture buyer-entered data as well.  In either event we will have it fixed for next year.   If you want to help me test, I can send you a link of what it might look like and how it would work.

-ed
Thanks,

-ed

GibbyRT

• Newbie [Gatherer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 02:40:32 pm »
I just paid the 2018 service corp fee of $110 online through PayPal.
Maybe I missed it, but I think there should be a place to identify the Indian Lake lot # with the payment.

...trying to make things easier for you.

JIM

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »
Q - It appears that the registration process and the payment process are not connected. How do I confirm that the registration was accepted?

Great question(s).  Thanks for asking. 

When you pay you will get an immediate acknowledgement and receipt.  There is no acknowledgement on the registration (via Google Forms) although if you suspect a problem you can 'edit' your responses and they will pop back up, telling you they are indeed there.  The Office will know if there is a disconnect as well. [I can tell you yours came through just fine, though I know that's not the point.]

The processes are indeed separate and not connected.  PayPal is the shopping cart, payment and credit card processor.  Our web site and e-mail provider (Constant Contact) can/do talk to PayPal. Google Forms gathers the Registration and Licensing info and gives it to us in a spreadsheet that requires no re-keying.  Our Office (Kirsten and Wendy) can import it readily, pull up history so you don't have to repeat old info, and check against the payments we receive.  It is a bit klunky, but it's free!  There are for-fee on-line forms packages and on-line shopping cart packages, but we wanted to assess the value without major cost.  Next year technology will be another year advanced and we a year smarter.  Besides, some of us are more sure this will be successful than others...   8)
Thanks,

-ed

Jglossner

• Newbie [Gatherer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 12:22:02 pm »
Q - It appears that the registration process and the payment process are not connected. How do I confirm that the registration was accepted?

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 12:13:17 pm »
Q- What do I do about insurance for a small paddle boat?

A- Typically a small non-powered craft is covered by homeowners.  Once confirmed, simply say 'Covered by Homeowners' on the form.  We do not need your HomeOwners policy info; record as n/a.
Thanks,

-ed

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:03:06 am »
Q- Is the 2-year period mandatory?

A- Not this year.  Council is considering an Ordinance change that will make it a requirement, however.  Council also wants to allow you to get in-sync with your boat's State renewal cycle.
Thanks,

-ed

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:02 am »
Q- Is the 2-year period mandatory?
Thanks,

-ed

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 08:47:38 am »
Q- Why are we going to a 2-year license renewal?

A- To simplify life and to make things easier on everyone.  Folks wanted a simpler process and 2-year registration mirrors what the State does.  A 2-year renewal cuts everybody's effort by 50% even with no other improvements.
Thanks,

-ed

editor

• Chief
    • View Profile
e-Pay Q&A
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:57:12 am »
Post Questions, and hopefully get Answers here...

Anyone registered can ask, or answer, a question.  Don'y be shy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:39:57 am by editor »
Thanks,

-ed